Sunday, March 27, 2011

So Long Facebook!

Oh yes, I did. I am joining the new super cool trend of ditching Facebook. I figured I'll do it for at least a month... we'll see. So far I am trying to help my withdrawal twitches by creeping my hub's account every so often, but I don't know many people on his account, so it really isn't that interesting. So why'd I do it? Not like you care, but if you are reading this you are at least bored so I'll tell you anyways, ha! Let's see how honest I get here...
Well, mostly I just spent too much time on there, doing nothing but spending quality time with the refresh button. It was just some kinda sick habit. I have a lot of things I want to be doing. The biggest thing would be making the most of my time with my kids because it goes so quickly. The things I want to spend more time on: training (obedience, sitting, behavior, manners, sharing, all the good stuff), preschoolish type things (alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors), Bible lessons (the 'big' stories and who God is)... and more time playing outside, crafting, reading... just more time enjoying our time together. I know it sounds cheesy and idealistic, but lately I just find myself get more and more sick of how much time we spend watching cartoons or passing time. I just want to put in a little more effort and get out of "winter tv mode."
I guess that's the mothering side of why. Then the other part of taking a break from Facebook is getting rid of this stupid nervous twitch I seemed to have developed that I needed to check it ALL THE TIME. If I haven't been on for, well, any time interval, I start twitching out wondering if 'someone said something' or 'commented on something'.... Perhaps a little FB addiction? Twitching out can't be a good sign I'm thinking. I dunno, maybe that's just me. Aaaaanyways, now that I feel like a freak... however long it takes me to get over my withdrawals and establish a new daily routine of sorts is how long I'll stay away from it all. I wonder after a month if I will really miss it all that much honestly? I'm sure the lack of a little bit of FB drama will be quite refreshing!
wish me luck!

1 comment: