Friday, November 11, 2011

Small Talk



Lately, the discussion of 'babies in bellies' has come up a lot. A couple days ago, Shawn taught the kids a new bed time song "I love you a bushel and a peck...". Then he explained to Addie that he used to sing it to her all the time while she was in mommy's belly.
Of course the following day she explained it all to me. Shawn decided to ask her a few questions while she was on the topic...

S: "When you were a baby, were you in Mommy's belly?"

A:"Yeah! Hayden too!" ...lifts up my shirt to show Daddy.

S: "So how did you get out of mommy's belly?"

A "... I was born!"

S: "Yeah, but how did you get out?"

A: "I was in mommy's belly! A baby!"

S: "Yes. You were a baby in mommy's belly. How did you get OUT of mommy's belly?"

... this went on for awhile... eventually...

A: "I lifted up mommy's shirt!"


If only it was that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment