Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Menno Strikes Again!


Recently, I was given permission to buy new dishes. Since we have been together, or maybe even before that? We have had the same GORGEOUS dishes from Fields. Oh yes.
The problem with buying dishes is it is quite the investment. For me anyways. To spend THAT much money on something I would have to looooooooove it, like cantlivewithoutit kinda feelings. Problem is those feelings tend to be reserved for dishes that are a bajillion dollars OR have only 4 plates left in the whole store stock.
But. Then I saw an ad for these babies.



They aren't pretty, they aren't new, and they definitely aren't made in North America. But guess how much I paid! No, really Guess! THREE sets of 20 pieces... ready? $12! Yesssss! The more I use them the more I like them. They remind me of growing up. We had ones similar, but the had brown flowers in the middle, and I'm pretty sure everyone had a set like these or a friend with them in the 70's.

Love it.

1 comment:

  1. 12 dollars? i'm very jealous. i LOVE them. i thought your post was going to continue on about how you decided to spend a lot on them! they're awesome! good find!

    ReplyDelete