So we went out as a family tonight to grab a few things. Here's what happened at the dollar store...
We are at the till, I had our son in the bjorn, My husband has our 2 year old daughter on his hip. They opened a new till and a lady cut in front of us shoving a chocolate bar in her mouth. Ok, whatever, I obviously understand a chocolate craving. My husband goes to line up behind her, like however close you would normally line up. Well, really, if anything a little more space because my husband is mindful of women in particular. And out of nowhere, as this chocolate deprived woman fishes her change purse out comes a very serious sounding:
"Could you step back a little?!?"
WHAM. Uhhm what? My husband stepped back as if he had just been hit with a stun gun and looked at me with that expression of 'did that REALLY just happen?'
Oh yes it did.
I mean, I know my husband looks a little sketch. Like, he wears a hoodie, baggy pants, and a toque. But he also did have a very sweet little girl in his arms (and nobody was chasing him like he stole her) AND had a respectable looking wife with a matching son. Did I mention he's a pastor?
We racked our brains as we walked into fabricland (no doubt to clean them out at gun point "Give me all your tulle, NOW!"). She paid with cash, so it's not like she was covering a card PIN. Did she really think he was going to mug her right there in the store? I dunno. Perhaps she thought our daughter would spit on her? I never thought she looked much like a llama, but you never know.
But as fun as that was, we passed her in the mall. Oh yes we did. And she gave my husband the stare down. the. whole. walk. by. We were looking at a truck that was being raffled off, probably planning on how to get it out in our back pockets while nobody was looking.
But, we do live on the northshore. the ghetto. the projects. Can you blame her?
No comments:
Post a Comment