Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sleep Is For The Weak!

Heard that one? "Sleep is for the weak"? I am pretty sure whoever came up with that one absolutely did not have children. Or just liked to annoy sleep deprived parents.

Napping. Oh do I LOVE napping, or sleeping in, anything that includes sleep I am there! I used to nap for 4 hours on Sunday afternoons alone. That was before kids, of course. Sunday afternoons are meant for naps, I am sure of it. Not that any other day wouldn't suffice. After running around like chickens getting ready for church, chasing little kids around, making lunch (x2), and then it just being the weekend, it it most definitely time for a nap. So, being the great, amazing wife I am, I kept the kids up until my husband got home from the second service so he could nap too. Ah, the idea of a nice big family nap. We could all be well rested and refreshed! So I nursed my son to sleep, even though he was fighting it, he eventually gave in. I was a bit surprised this plan was actually working! And juuuuuuust as I lifted the covers over my legs

*BLINK BLINK*

two VERY big beautiful eyes looked up at me. And then the excited kicking and babbling started. Oh, yup, and there went the swaddle, torn off like it had never been done in the first place. Seriously? Of course in that 10 minutes my husband and daughter were already out cold. So downstairs we went.

Apparently my son wanted to have his nap sleep nursing downstairs, NOT in bed. *sigh* At least there are people on facebook on this Sunday...

So everyone is sleeping. They will all have a 1.5-2 hour nap. The trick to napping children? Mommy can't sleep, lay down, or even close her eyes... otherwise children wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment