Thursday, April 22, 2010

Animal Crackers!

For about a week I have been wanting to try a friend's recipe for animal crackers. My dilemma? I had to figure out what to cut them out with. I am much too.... obsessive maybe? to make plain shaped animal crackers. I mean, they are called animal crackers. Finally, the other day it dawned on me... PLAY DOH CUTTERS! Not so long ago I had bought a $2 "play doh" set at the dollar store that came with some little cookies cutters and what not. Sweet! Animal cookie cutters!
So this morning we made them! I realise now that I will have to be a little more watchful when Addie plays "play doh" now that she has seen those cutters make food... whoops. I also put my last pan in for 5 more minutes in an attempt to combat my ever undercooking habit. Yeah. It was like 15 minutes later that I remembered/smelled that I had put them back in... whoops again. My daughter really enjoyed the crackers, but I found some interesting suggestions on allrecipes.com that I will try the next time I make them. I guess I have a big sweet tooth. This recipe is subtly sweet and kinda "biscuity" where I like the sweeter definite "cookie" flavour. If you would like to try the recipe you can get it here, my friend's blog is called "Churn Your Butter" or here at allrecipes.com and if you scroll to the bottom you can see what other people have commented and changed in their recipe.



"Quack! Quack!"




Hayden baking...




Ready to bake!




Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment