





And then, wonder of wonders, we walk through the door.... and my dad is sitting in the living room.
for. real.
This was a surprise visit to his parents and us. He stayed for dinner, about 2 hours before he had to head back home.
It took me awhile to figure out my thoughts on this one. I mean, there was some effort made there. I don't think anything is changed though. I suppose this doesn't really come as a shock to my system because it's kind of the norm for me. He's in and out of my life, more or less. We didn't really talk, at all. He played with my daughter mostly, which was good. I'm glad he got to see my kids. But again, I'm just taking it for what it was. I'm not expecting anything more. It's hard to explain... I am glad that he was there. It was nice for him to meet my son, and see my daughter. But I am not excited about it, in the sense of "that was great!" and I don't think it meant what it should have to him... So I figure I am content with whatever relationship there is there, as little as it is. There are a lot worse scenarios to have in a father daughter relationship. Mine is just distant and out of touch with reality. But, I figured I'd put that little "update" in there...
No comments:
Post a Comment