Friday, April 16, 2010

Patience?

Most people are thrilled when Friday rolls around. I however wallow in a little self pity. My husband works a "split shift" as a youth pastor. So, on a rare good day, he is home for 3 hours in the afternoon. This obviously isn't the worst thing in the world, the days he works days and evenings just feel long.

Today, my daughter was in full potty revolt (as well as anything that would resemble an obedient child). She has been this whole week. I have done a load of pants and panties every other day to keep up to the seemingly enjoyable past time of peeing her pants. This evening, after my husband went back to work I decided after today particularly the floor really needed to be washed yet again. I got the living room done. The half the kitchen... but then...

SPLOOSH

A full bucket of water.

Oh boy, I inhaled like I have never inhaled before "ADDISON! NOOOOO!"

This was, of course, right after I had told her not to pick the bucket up. And, like a fool, I had the bucket on a chair to keep her from splashing in it. I just assumed that I would see her and stop her from getting to it. That worked out well, apparently. Of course her reaction was to scream and cry out of fear. My initial reaction... a concoction of "I told you so/listen to your mother/I said no!" and then realised that my daughter is scared and it's only water. So I did what I wished would have been my initial reaction and picked her up and set her on the couch with her "doll-doll." Although I did only set her there and rush back to throw towels down as my new pool was creeping into two furnace vents. It took seven bath sheets (like the biiiig ones) to soak it up, and they were soaked.

So, we had a little heart to heart, I have a very full load of peed in pants and drenched towels washing, AND I have a very clean floor underneath my kitchen table.

I suppose it is my fault on a few levels. I mean, a full bucket of water on a chair and a two year old... And then I've been praying that I would be patient (haha) and love my kids as if this was my last day with them and see the big picture...





Oh, and one the topic of seeing the big picture. I would recommend that you make time to watch this: it's called "Death is not Dying." It will touch your heart at the very least. It's just shy of an hour long, but so worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment