So, I was in the kitchen this morning making chili. I was concentrating extra hard while opening the cans this time, and even using a knife to pry them open (no, I haven't bought a new one yet). My daughter was pushing my son in the swing and they were laughing. Then I heard my daughter say "uh oh!". Now this didn't alarm me any, as she gets worked into a big chorus of "uh oh's" if my son drools, or if she finds crumbs on the floor... But, then she came over to me...
"UH OH, MAMA!"
Obviously this required my attention. So I looked. And right then, I felt my jaw hit the floor, a feeling of sheer terror and disgust ran through my body, and all I could get out was a very eloquent
"Oh, YUCKY! NONONO! YUCKY! YUCK! OH NOOO!"
My beautiful daughter, in her wonderful pincher grasp, had a nugget. a. nugget. of. poo. My instant reaction, other than my toddler outburst, was to pick her up and run her to her little potty. For whatever reason I assumed that what she had in her hand was her first nugget. Nope it sure wasn't. On the 10 foot run to the potty from the kitchen, she kicked her pants trying to get them off. I was SO close to getting her onto the potty with her pants still on, but on the last step "it" fell out of the pants. You know, some days I am more thankful for socks that others, you know, when it's cold out, or on days when you step on your toddler's fresh deuce. I froze. As if her holding her poo wasn't bad enough, then the trail from the kitchen to potty, and now this? Awesome. By then it was apparently she didn't really need to be sitting on the potty anymore. So I thought the most logical thing to do, would be to take the pot out of the potty to clean up the nugget trail. But of course as I was having the "bye poo!" party all by myself in the bathroom, my daughter was sitting on the pot-less potty, emptying her bladder. Because it always gets better. I suppose my floors needed washed anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment