Friday, April 8, 2011

Marshmallows!



So here's another post about a craving, please tell me you crave things as often as I do too! This is how most baking starts for me, a memory of something and then I just want it. The problem is that I usually just want one, just to have the taste and the experience, not a whole stinking pan or few dozen whatevers with a billion calories waiting for me on my counter... because I'll admit, I have NO self control with sweet foods. I will graze on it for 3 days straight and not eat anything good until every last bit is gone. And, no, I don't know why I'm not 500 pounds.
So anyways, this particular goody came to mind when Addie wanted to eat the bag of cotton we were using for our creation pages... she thought they were marshmallows... of course Mommy didn't have any in the house. So the next day we went to get some to make Peanut butter Marshmallow bars! Addie LOVES marshmallows so I figured she'd be thrilled with these. I suppose here is where I should mention that as a kid, my mother didn't make them. I only saw them from the next desk over in my friend's lunch. There were no rules back then about not sharing your lunch, I just never asked because I thought they looked like the most disgusting "treat" ever....
And yes, I was surprised when my kids gave me a sideways look when I offered them this amazing marshmallow treat... My neighbor's kids love me though.

This isn't my photo, I was too disappointed that my kids didn't give me a supermom award that I didn't take a photo of the finished product... but now you know what I'm talking about. For the recipe (and she has great photos too) go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment