Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

This morning it was pouring rain, well in the valley. It's snow up in the snobby parts of town, suckers. I don't know why, maybe because it feels like a novelty still, but I love rainy days. I love the feel of wanting to cozy up, the smell, the sound, and the misty low clouds that follow and linger on the hills. Love it.
What better to do than make cookies? Yikes, I just realized that my last jumbo cookie was still in the oven. Oops. Got lost in photo editing.
Here is my most favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I got it from a friend in Bible School:

Toll House Cookies

2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 c butter
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 c chocolate chips

mix wet, mix dry, mix together, add chips. :P

375 for 9-11 minutes

For my hub, I will usually put in half Reese Peanut Butter Chips and half chocolate chips. I also use part whole wheat flour to help with the sugar high lol.




1 comment:

  1. I love that recipe too, I think I got it from my mom years ago but forgot about it- maybe I'll have to make some cookies soon :)Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete