
"Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express."
~Joseph Addison
I would have to say it is hard to find words to express the relationship my husband has with our daughter. It has such a wide range too: it is the softest, and sweetest moments that can bring tears to your eyes and a lump in your throat, a goofy wrestle and play that warms your heart, and a need to protect that brings a flood of emotions faster than my own mood swings. More than anything, I know I feel like the most blessed woman to have him as the father of my children, I know, I know, this is getting sappy, but there is just something about a dad and his kids, and especially a dad and his little girl. Maybe it is a little sweeter to me because of my relationship with my father. So for me to experience first hand a father fall more in love with his daughter each day and cherish each moment with her is precious. I love knowing that my little girl will grow up being secure in who she is because every day her daddy tells her how beautiful she is and how much he loves her and spends as much time as he can with her. He hates leaving for work and at the end of a long day, he never asks for time to himself but plays with the kids as soon as he comes through the door. It's an amazing feeling to know that my husband is in love with us. I am very blessed. But the reason for this post was more just because I stopped to take a moment to catch a couple photos of the two of them interacting and just soaked it up. They just melt my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment