Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Did ya miss me?

Well, as it is for everyone, life has been crazy around here for the last little bit. And then I have ideas for a few posts and then when I get a minute I can't remember them or just don't have the brain power to finish an idea. Mostly I am just lazy I guess.
But I'll just write a short one while the kids are napping, then hopefully do a longer one tonight haha.

So last week I was going over our budget, paying bills, checking on what had come out of our account and what still needed to. We didn't do a lot of planning when we set up our pre-auths... most come out at the beginning of the month alongside rent so it takes a little bit of fancy footwork to get things matched up properly. So I was checking on the pre-auths. We have both car insurances and an RESP for our daughter. I found one from ICBC, and thought the RESP should come out that evening. But I was sure there should have been 2 from ICBC already... In the off chance that I was wrong I went back in our statements from February. Oddly enough I could still only find one pre-auth from ICBC. Huh. Wierd. So I checked January, SURELY there would be a pre-auth there. Nope. I went through the months a few times, scanning again and again, sure I must just be partially blind or distracted by kids. Nothing.

"Honey, do we have insurance on *both* vehicles?"

"Yeah, I think so, why?"

"Well, we have only been paying for one for a few months..."

"Well we didn't get a letter, so we should have insurance"

"Honestly, we could have received one. It's not like we pay really good attention to those."

"True..."

"Um, wanna go look at the license plates?"

....

"Yeah, it says January 26"

So we both kinda just laughed. I can't believe it. I mean, we did this when we lived up north, but, it's not like there's a ton of traffic or cops or anything to catch it. But we live in a city now, I mean, it's not the biggest city, but still! It's amazing how you think of all the times just in the last couple weeks you have had a cop pass you from behind, I even had my oil changed and they didn't notice! But more than evading the fine, I am thankful nothing happened. If you spend much time in Kamloops, you will see that it breeds bad drivers. Honestly, Kamloops as a whole should be entered into Canada's worst driver. If you are driving here on your way through or visiting, please do not advance as soon as your light turns green EVER. You need to wait for at least one, if not two drivers to fly through a completely red light. Because in Kamloops, a yellow light, even a light that has only *just* turned red, is still not really red. It just means you need to pin it... I won't even get into the fact that no driver knows they should really be turning into a specific lane, there aren't 2 just for them to choose which one they'd like... But anyways...

We have insurance now. I think maybe for an extra couple dollars they should offer a "send a second notice of renewal." Perhaps they could send it like the week before in a bright red envelope that has bright yellow "URGENT".... because people like us think we have WAY too much time when we do receive them. Although, for the record, I am pretty sure we didn't actually get a renewal notice :P

No comments:

Post a Comment