Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now!

Oddly enough, this post has nothing to do with potty training... It has to do with a nice little gift from my hub:



Yup, the cheapest one cup coffee maker from Walmart!

I feel like a real grown up now. Well, mostly. You know when you were a kid, and it was only adults that drank coffee? Well, I guess I've always hung onto that thought. I never understood why you would choose to drink something so nasty to start your day. Then I slowly started to drink "coffee". Not real coffee. "Fancy coffee." Coffee that didn't really taste anything like coffee and cost much more than any real coffee drinker would pay for coffee in a week. And then *sigh* I met my husband. And not only did I fall in love with him but his coffee. Just kidding. What really happened is that I finally tried someone's coffee that had more cream and sugar than actual coffee in their cup. Not so bad when you get more of a buzz from the sugar than the caffeine. But anyways, lately I have actually been wanting to drink coffee during the week. Perhaps this craving is mostly to do with Tim Horton's roll up the rim, but whatever. The problem is two-fold. One, my husband drinks 2 pots of coffee a day by himself. Two, my baby boy that I nurse is not a fan of caffeine (still). So I can't drink out of my husbands pot of coffee both to prevent a pukey baby, and for fear of death. So my husband excitedly bought me my first coffee maker and a pretty bag of decaf coffee. And ta-daa I feel like a real adult, a real mom, just because I drink coffee. Although this feeling won't be complete until I am drinking coffee that is full of caffeine of course.

So if you feel like stopping by timmie's you can get me a large decaf double double :P

No comments:

Post a Comment