Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent: Day 10



Wow! Christmas is getting close!!! SO exciting! I know... I'm a nerd...

Jesse Tree: Moses and God's Leadership

Exodus 2:1-4:20




Activity Advent: Gingerbread house!

Since I joined the Wagner family, each Christmas there has been a Gingerbread house contest. We used to all live in the same town, so we would do it all in the same house. A few times it was boys against girls, and of course, we laughed as the boys just tried to figure out how to make icing... then a friend or a neighbor would come over to judge them. In the last few years we haven't been able to spend Christmas as a family, so we have each done our own, then posted photos to facebook and asked all our friends to vote on them. We really enjoy it.

So today we did ours with the kids! As it turned out... and why we were surprised, don't ask me... it was really a fight against time. We tried to get the candy on the house faster than they could take it off and finish it so we could take some photos for our contest. Eventually H lost interest (we gave him a bowl of the candy) and then A decided putting the candies on was a pretty good idea.

Now because I am a little too competitive, I can't post all the photos... you see, the voting hasn't started yet, so I don't want to give away any of our pro decorating ideas... you know, because, it turns out pretty awesome with the help of a 2 and 3 year old.


A had started to decorate and as soon as she had one on, H ripped it off and ate it... Love her face!


And this... this is because boys never grow up...

No comments:

Post a Comment