1 Kings 17:1-16, 18:17-46

Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only one of the LORD’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. 23 Get two bulls for us. Let them choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. 24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the LORD. The god who answers by fire—he is God.” 1 Kings 18:22-24
Activity Advent: Christmas Tree Hunting!
You know, Christmas Tree Hunting sounds like a really cool idea. I'm not sure why. And where on earth did we get the idea that 2 little midgets would be able or willing to walk through 2 feet deep snow. It probably doesn't help much that we have had rain and melt and freeze... so that once your foot makes a hole you have to pull it straight up to get it out...
Thankfully, we only took 2 trips into the bush. I think I would have stayed back had there been a third. Walking through that kind of snow sucks. It really sucks when you have a 32 pound sack of 'don't-put-me-down-or-I'll-DIE" on your hip.
Did I mention I have a gorgeous artificial tree sitting in a box in my spare room??? Just kidding, it wasn't all that bad, but not nearly as romantic as my ridiculously out to lunch brain made the idea out to be.
All ready to go!

H! (in the beginning)

Daddy and A

Look! we're happy!

Then I got kicked out for being 'picky'... Then I informed him I had a perfectly fine tree in a box at home...
I seriously was wondering if he was trying to walk like a moose so I couldn't use his footsteps...

THERE! Kill it! Cut it! Now!

A's turn!

H at the end, clearly being eaten by the snow.
Ta-daaaa! It's Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment