
Jesse Tree: Joshua and the Fall of Jericho
Josh 1:1-11, 6:1-20
Then the LORD said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have all the people give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the people will go up, every man straight in.” - Jos 6:2-5Activity Advent: Reindeer cookies!
Well... I'm not in any hurry to have these cookies be an annual thing... and hopefully the kids don't remember them. I got the recipe here, although I first saw them on pinterest...
Anyways, I ended up adding a bit of extra flour because they seemed much too soft to roll, then baked them until they were starting to brown on the bottom. Apparently that was a no-no. My first attempt were well done which didn't allow anything to be pushed into them so this was the result...
As it also turns out, what I had were not mini pretzles... I thought they were... until I tried to stick them on the cookie. Yeeeeah, no.
Now, if you know me, it was about this time that I started to have a little temper tantrum. All I had were oddly shaped, freaky looking, skeleton resembling cookies. Not so "Christmas-y." Thankfully my dear hub was there to save the day, and even before I chucked them into the garbage (brownie points!). So he cut all my not-so-mini pretzels in half so they would fit, then stole my cookies out of the oven a minute or so before the timer went off, then antlered them up as fast as he could! Then we put the in the freezer to 'set'.... and it worked! Some are still a little freaky looking, but the kids love them, and I think that's the point ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment