Thursday, December 15, 2011

Advent: Day 15



Joshua Tree: Gideon

Judges 6-8

Gideon said to God, “If you will save Israel by my hand as you have promised— look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said.” And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water.
Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew.” That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew.
Judges 6:36-40


Activity Advent: Candy Cane Hot Chocolate!

I dunno, the 'ornament' is supposed to be a sheep fleece...

Ok, so my one regret over the last couple days is waiting to do our things at night because then I have to use flash for photos. I hate using flash. I always use daylight if I can... maybe I should just buy a cheap odd looking diffuser... hey, honey! That would fit in my stocking! :)
Anyways... today was supposed to be gingersnaps... but we ended up in town most of the day. Going to town is now an expedition seeing as we might as well live at the freaking North Pole. Ok, not quite, but with 2 toddlers... it's close. Whatever.
So tonight was a quick one: hot chocolate, whipped cream, shattered candy cane! It was pretty! But of course nobody actually drank it...







The best part of all of this was my dear hub cleaned up the mess from the kids. Now I didn't take a photo because I would have been in way too much trouble for that... I settled on giggling and watching from afar and planning on writing it in my blog.
So the candy canes were all sticky and nasty from being in the hot chocolate, and of course H didn't eat his because it was sticky. Father like son. So I watched as my hub balanced the candy cane on a spoon and walked it into the kitchen with the most disgusted look on his face. Oh, it was so good. Then as he was about to drop it into the garbage, just before the lid swung up, it dropped and shattered into lots of sticky nasty pieces.
Just remember hun, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment